Starting Wednesday, May 27th Mass Street Music will begin offering in-store shopping by appointment only. One hour appointments will be available during regular store hours, M-F 11-6 Saturday 10-5, with our last appointment slot beginning 5 p.m. weekdays, and 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Guidelines and Instructions for Appointment Shopping
- Please call us at 785-843-3535 to discuss in-stock gear options in order to setup an appointment.
- Upon arriving at the shop for your appointment please give us a call and we’ll be happy to let you in. Please do not arrive before your scheduled time as we’ll be working with other customers.
- Please wear a mask or some kind of face covering when entering the store. Our staff will be wearing masks as well. Hand sanitizer will be provided at the front door.
- Appointments are limited to one hour. A maximum group size of two customers per appointment is allowed.
- Appointments are for browsing & shopping only. The repair shop will continue operating under a curbside pickup and drop off model.
- Please keep in mind that many people will be touching individual instruments, and sanitizing guitars is not currently an option.
Most importantly, if you’re feeling sick or running a fever, please stay home. We’re happy to put a guitar or pedal or amp or whatever on hold while you rest up.
We will continue with our curbside pickup and drop off and shipping service as outlined below
Order Pickup & Shipping
We have the store staffed and ready to handle phone orders as well as shipping out gear through the website.
We have reenabled our curbside checkout option for Kansas and Missouri website customers. Just place your order through the website, choose local curbside pickup, and then give us a call when you’ve arrived at the shop. One of our staff members will take note of your car’s make and model and we’ll bring the order right out to you.
With the return of curbside pickup our standard free shipping policy on orders of over $25 is back. We’re still happy to mail out anything you need to keep playing, but orders under $25 will now incur a small shipping charge.
The Repair Shop is continuing to offer curbside service. Our luthiers have been back in the shop and working to get your instruments fixed up and back to you. If you’re wanting to drop an instrument off for repair please give the store a call and we’ll meet you outside to pickup your instrument. We’ll be in contact via phone or email to discuss your repair options once we’ve had a chance to evaluate your instrument. Instruments that were dropped off prior to the stay-at-home order will be given top priority as we catch up on repair work.
For the time being we would prefer all payment methods to be contactless. That’s easy if you’re ordering something through the website. If you’re needing to pay for a repair or purchase something that’s not online, no problem, we’ll be happy to take your order over the phone or send you an online invoice. If cash is your only option please give us a call before heading down to the store for a pickup, we’ll see if we can safely work something out.
Thank you to everyone who has placed an order or sent a message or called in to the shop. We miss you all very much, and can’t wait until we can safely reopen the showroom and shop fully.
The Mass Street Music Family
If you have any questions or would like help with your order send us an email at email@example.com